Many people’s self-esteem issues are rooted in what others see first: their teeth. Having a smile to be proud of is important to men and women of every age. In today’s appearance-obsessed world, we often turn to celebrities as the standard of beauty. Fortunately, the same procedures those stars use to achieve their Hollywood smiles are widely available, relatively painless and easier than ever to undergo.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is an umbrella term that refers to any category of dental work used to improve the appearance of one’s teeth, gums or bite. The most common types of cosmetic dentistry are:
- Tooth whitening: Tooth whitening is a chemical process used to whiten yellowed or stained teeth, and can show drastic results after just one session.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin, porcelain shells, custom made to be bonded to the front of the tooth, and can take patients’ smiles from one extreme to another in only a few appointments.
- Dental implants: Implants are used in cases of missing teeth, usually after an extraction. These implants, which are small titanium posts, are surgically placed into the bone tissue, and a fabricated tooth is permanently attached atop them.
- Dental crowns: Crowns are caps that fit over an entire tooth. While most commonly used to strengthen teeth previously weakened by root canal therapy, they can also be used to reshape broken or decayed teeth.
- Tooth shaping: Tooth shaping is achieved by filing or removing parts of the outer layer, or enamel, of the tooth to reshape the tooth, and can provide immediate effects that last a lifetime.
- Orthodontic treatment: Modern dentistry provides many choices for braces, used to straighten teeth and realign bites. From traditional braces to Invisalign, the options range from metal brackets to almost invisible aligner trays.
- Bonding: Dental bonding consists of using composite resin, or tooth-colored materials, that are bonded to the tooth. This resin can be used to reshape chipped teeth, improve staining, or even fill holes left from repaired tooth decay.
What stars have undergone cosmetic dentistry?
Many stars have undergone cosmetic dentistry, and most have even seen career benefits from it. Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Victoria Beckham, Demi Moore, Celine Dion and even Mike Tyson are all reported to have had cosmetic dentistry procedures done to improve the looks of their smiles.
If you want to improve your smile and feel confidence on a whole new level, Dr. Jeffrey R. Wert in Tannersville, PA can help. An expert in cosmetic dentistry with years of experience under his belt, he will aid you in achieving the Hollywood smile you deserve!